3.13.2008

Beware of INTJ

So I don't know when was the first time I took the Myers-Briggs personality test. I think my mom gave it to me when I was very young but I don't remember the results. I have taken it multiple times over the past 5-10 years (as you will see this is an intregal part of my personality type) and I am staunchly an INTJ. Very few of you reading this don't have some experience with the test so I won't go into here. If you don't know about it you can learn about it here and you can take the test for free here and you can read your analysis here.

Because of my obsessive personality traits I have made all my close friends take the test and I went to the trouble of bookmarking all their results just so I can know everything I possibly can about my nearest and dearest. What I found out just the other day was that my friend Nikki and I are the same type, INTJ and this is so interesting (to me) because it is one of the rarest types, only 1-2% of the worlds population is INTJ and NYU had the good forethought to room us together all the way back in 2001.

Today Nikki sent me this site. I post it here for the benefit of all of you my family and friends, so you can better understand why I'm such a weirdo, why I love to tell you everything I know on a particular subject and why I "have the memory of a cat." <--Patrick's words. A few of the points I don't totally agree with (I don't have good grammar and I love to give and receive gifts) and somethings are true, I just wouldn't say them so bluntly (at least not to your face). Enjoy! Maybe after you read this I will have a few less friends or maybe you will at least understand that this is who I am and its really not changing. Hehe.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Kirstin, guess who else is INTJ.

Never would have guessed....

Terri

Moose said...

Took this for the first time and (much to Kate's lack of surprise), you can put someone else down on your list of fellow INTJs.

-James

Kir said...

Who knew I was surrounded by my own kind all this time! We have a hard time identifying each other b/c we are such loners, I think. That and we are too aloof. *turns nose up in air*

James! I didn't know you guys were reading the blog and I am so happy you commented. I am going to comment on your blog right now as a thank you.

Anonymous said...

So my daughter is an INTJ-"The Scientist" I always knew you were the female version of your father! I am a ENFP - "The Inspirer" http://www.personalitypage.com/ENFP.html
I just took the Myers Briggs again after 15 years. When I was your age I was an ENFJ - "The Giver" but I guess I have matured a bit and no longer feel like I have to save the world! :-) You will change as you grow older and have new experiences. Especially if you develop your feeling and sensing side which will definitely happen after you have your first baby! No rush! :-) I give the Myers Briggs to all my students at Neumann and they love it! I will have to ask Daddy to take it again!! What is Patrick? Love, Mom